Protecting Your Privacy
Great Blue Heron Casino Customer Privacy Statement
The Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) is the Ontario government agency that is responsible for the conduct and management of casino gaming in Ontario. OLG has retained a service provider to operate Great Blue Heron Casino (GBHC) pursuant to an operating agreement. This service provider operates GBHC on behalf of OLG, including collecting, using and disclosing personal information of casino customers as detailed in this Privacy Statement.
Your personal information
OLG and its service provider acting on its behalf collect, use and disclose your personal information under the authority of section 3 of the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation Act, 1999.
The collection, use and disclosure of personal information in relation to GBHC by OLG and its service provider on its behalf is governed by the Ontario Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (“FIPPA”).
This Privacy Statement explains what personal information is collected from GBHC customers and generally how it is used and disclosed. It also explains how you can ask questions about our privacy practices.
In this Privacy Statement, “Our”, “We” and “Us” refer to OLG and/or its service provider acting on its behalf.
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual.
What personal information is collected and how is it used?
The personal information that We collect from you includes the following:
- name, address, telephone number, email address and signatures;
- date of birth;
- language preference;
- transactional data;
- credit card information;
- government identifiers;
- customer inquiries information;
- trip history;
- personal interests/occupation; and
- information pertaining to investigations.
The above-mentioned personal information is collected, used, and disclosed by Us for the following principal purposes and for other purposes reasonably necessary to give effect to these purposes:
- To develop, provide for, undertake, organize and conduct and manage lottery schemes and gaming at GBHC, including administering responsible gaming programs;
- To provide for, operate and manage non-gaming activities ancillary to the conduct and management of Lottery Schemes, e.g.,, food and beverage etc.
- To administer the GBHC Rapid Rewards Players Club (RRPC) loyalty program and to contact you for customer service;
- To conduct gaming research and statistical analysis by using your information in aggregate form or in a manner that does not identify you;
- To share your information with third parties, including police services, for investigation or audit purposes, for integrity, security, compliance and risk management of games and gaming operations,
- To facilitate your enrolment in programs and services offered by GBHC that are of interest to you;
- To conduct promotional campaigns, including contests, draws, newsletters, events, surveys , promotions and offers with your consent if it is required by law; and
- To achieve such other purposes permitted by the Ontario Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, or required by law.
Personal information may also be collected and used by Us in the following specific ways:
- Age Verifiers – Security Officers that are posted at our front entrance may exercise the right to swipe your identification (ID) through the age verifier in order to confirm your age and/or ensure that your identification has not been tampered with or altered. The legal age in Ontario to enter a casino and/or consume alcoholic beverages is 19. Information is not permanently retained in an age verifier and will not be shared without your consent except as permitted or required by law.
- Prior to issuing a RRPC card or as a requirement for redeeming any points accumulated on your card, GBHC is required to obtain valid government issued photo identification. This requirement protects you from having someone else redeeming your points, should you lose or misplace your card.
- For certain transactions, GBHC is required under provincial and federal laws to verify a customer’s identity through valid government issued photo ID and to record certain information from the ID, e.g., name, date of birth, address, type of ID and ID reference number. These transactions include foreign exchange transactions of $3,000 or more Canadian equivalent and cash transactions of $10,000 or more.
- Photography – To protect your privacy, photography is prohibited on the gaming floor. The only exceptions to this prohibition are photographs of jackpot winners, who consent in writing to their picture being taken. Except for your spouse or significant other (who must also provide consent), no other patrons will be included in the photographs. With the permission of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (“AGCO”), GBHC may also take photographs on the gaming floor for publicity purposes and advertising campaigns. In these cases, only actors are used in the photographs, and clearly visible signage is posted to advise our patrons of the photo shoot.
- Video Surveillance – In order to comply with the Gaming Control Act and its Regulations, GBHC is required to have surveillance systems that monitor all gaming and sensitive areas of the casino. Video surveillance cameras are used to protect GBHC, its patrons and employees against potential violations of criminal and/or civil laws. Surveillance camera output is strictly controlled and monitored by GBHC surveillance employees, certain authorized officers or directors, Ontario Provincial Police and regulatory authorities in a protected and secure room.
- Facial Recognition Technology – GBHC uses facial recognition technology to detect customers enrolled in OLG’s self-exclusion program who attempt to gain entry to the gaming floor. If detected, GBHC’s security and the Ontario Provincial Police will be notified.
- Manual and Electronic Forms – During your visit to GBHC, you may have the opportunity to join and participate in programs being offered at the casino. To do so, you may be asked to provide personal information reasonably that is required to administer the program, i.e. name, address, telephone number, e-mail and date of birth will be required to enroll in the RRPC loyalty program.
- Security Incidents – Details of security incidents, such as assaults, thefts, drunkenness or disorderly conduct etc. are recorded. If you are involved in or witness a security incident, you may be asked to provide us with your name, address and telephone number.
- Health and Safety – If you or a family member become ill or are involved in an accident while visiting GBHC, we may collect – with your consent - your contact information and health history or other personal information depending on the nature of the medical or accident.
We collect personal information about you directly from you unless We have your consent to collect your information indirectly from a third party, or unless permitted by law. Personal information may be collected in person, over the telephone, by fax, by mail or through the internet.
What types of information are collected through the website?
When you browse or download information from GBHC’s website, Our servers automatically collect limited amounts of standard information for traffic monitoring and statistical purposes. The information is analyzed for operational trends, performance, and for ways to improve Our sites. You cannot be identified from this information. Examples of information collected include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of the computers being used to access our sites;
- the operating systems and the types and versions of browsers used to access our sites;
- the Internet Service Providers used by visitors to our sites;
- the dates and times users access our sites;
- the pages visited; and
- the names and sizes of files requested.
Does the GBHC website use “cookies” and for what purposes?
A cookie is a small text file containing a unique identification number that is transferred from a website to the hard drive of your computer. This unique number identifies your browser, but not the individual, whenever you visit the GBHC website. These cookies will not let a website know any personal information about you, such as your name and address. Since these cookies are only text files, they cannot run on your computer, search your computer for other information or transmit any information to anyone. Cookies are used on many major websites. Many browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. If you prefer, you can reset your browser either to notify you when you have received a cookie, or to refuse to accept cookies.
To help serve you better, the GBHC website uses two types of cookies: (1) session cookies (temporary); and (2) persistent cookies (longer-term continuing use). Session cookies are used to support forms and registration. They are used only during your online session and expire when you close your browser. Without session cookies, moving around the GBHC website would be less convenient. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer's hard drive for some length of time. They are usually used if you want Us to remember information about your internet preferences (e.g., language preference) and passwords for automatic log-in purposes.
- the website you came from to arrive on Our website;
- the kind of computer you are using (e.g., Windows, Mac, etc. as well as information like screen resolution, web browser etc.);
- your general location (e.g., Toronto, Canada); and,
- where you clicked on the website and how long you stayed on the website.
To whom do We disclose your personal information, and why?
We will disclose your personal information to the third parties only for purposes that are consistent with the purposes for which it was originally collected.
We may also disclose your personal information to service providers acting on Our behalf (who are contractually obligated to comply with privacy requirements) in order to perform processing and other specialized services including: age/residency verification, contest administration, deployment of e-mails, direct mailing services, website management, research and surveys, tour service providers and credit card processing. In these instances We only disclose information required to perform those services and will enter into contractual agreements to protect the security and confidentiality of your personal information.
Personal Information may be transmitted and stored outside of Ontario. Where this occurs, this personal information will be subject to the laws and lawful disclosure requirements in the recipient jurisdictions.
Where required by law, personal information may also be disclosed to law enforcement and other governmental authorities including the AGCO.
Your personal information will not be sold to any organization for any purpose.
Consent and opt-out
You may opt-out of communications from GBHC at any time by following the unsubscribe or opt-out instructions in marketing communications by visiting http://www.gbhcasino.com/contact-us/?reason=Unsubscribe, calling the GBHC 1-888-294-3766 ext. 4327 or by visiting the Rapid Rewards Players Club in person and informing any of the GBHC hosts of your decision.
How do we protect your personal information?
We protect your personal information with reasonable safeguards and security measures.
We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your user data under our control. We attempt to keep such information in secure facilities, protected from unauthorized access and kept only as long as is reasonably required. Only persons who have a need to know your personal information for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement have access to the user data you choose to provide to Us. We have imposed strict rules on employees who have access to the databases that store user personal information or to the servers that host Our services. While We cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur, We make reasonable efforts to prevent such occurrences. We are not liable for any use or disclosure of your personal information that is beyond our reasonable control.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
To help Us keep your personal information up-to-date, we encourage you to notify Us of inaccuracies or corrections as often as you wish. Basic information changes, such as your address or telephone number, can usually be completed during your visit to GBHC or by contacting Us at the number below.
If you wish to access and update the information We have about you, please contact the GBHC at 1-888-294-3766 ext. 4327.
How can you inquire about our privacy practices?
We encourage you to contact us with any questions or concerns you have about the privacy of your personal information.
If you have a question please: visit the Rapid Rewards Players Club in person; write
The Privacy Committee
Great Blue Heron Casino
21777 Island Road
Ontario, L9L 1B6
email email@example.com or call at 1-888-294-3766 ext. 4327.
If you prefer, or if after contacting GBHC, your concerns or questions have not been resolved to your satisfaction, you can contact
Senior Manager, Access, Privacy and CASL, OLG at:
4120 Yonge Street
Ontario, M2P 2C6
email firstname.lastname@example.org; or call at (416) 224-1772.
The Information and Privacy Commissioner/Ontario (“IPC”) is the oversight body for organizations governed by FIPPA. You may contact the IPC if you have any concerns about our privacy practices at 2 Bloor Street East, suite 1400, Toronto, Ontario, M4W 1A8 or (416) 326-333 / 1-800-387-0073.